YOU KNOW YOUR MUM IS A NIGERIAN IF…..
- When she says “Get my kini” she believes with all confidence that she gave birth to a mind reader
- When you say “mommy, I’m Sorry” she replies with “Sorry for yourself”
- When you ask her where you should drop something, she says : “drop it on my head now.”
- She brings food wrapped in a nylon bag from a party.
- When you say: “mummy, I have malaria”, she replies: “Why wont you have malaria when you have been pressing phone since morning?”
- When you say: “I came 2nd in my class”, she replies: “Soo the person that came first has two heads, abi?”
- She takes the DSTV remote to work, just to punish you.
- When you’re watching TV with her and she sleeps off, she still doesn’t want you to change the channel
- When you tell her you are going to friends place, she be like: “When last did they come here to play with you?”
- When your mum asks you if the food is enough and you reply no, she says “go and drink water”She tells you “If I hear peem, you will hear ween”.
- She touches hot pots comfortably without a napkin
- With one look she tells you, you will get the beating of your life when you get home
- When you say “my wedding will be baaaaaaaaaaad”, she replies “God forbid. Your wedding will not be bad in Jesus name”
- She tells you “I didnt kill my mother, so you cannot kill me”
- She calls you from your room upstairs and then sends you back upstairs to bring her purse…
- When you ask her to help you with your home work and she advises: go and meet your brother. You then say, so you don’t even know it and she replies: Awon ebi baba e ni olodo. (it is your father’s family members that are dullards)
- When you ask her to refund the money you lend her, she tells you “all the food you’ve been eating at home nko?”
- She is more accurate with her slippers than Robin Hood is with arrows.
Oya, add your own and let’s
celebrate the Nigerian Mum!♥♥♥