Moin moin is great for breakfast.
Here’s a recipe for some delicious moin moin:
- 300g Beans
- 65ml Water
- 75g Onions
- 10g Pepper (Ata Rodo)
- 40g Pepper (Tatashe)
- 120ml Palm oil
- 100g Blue Band Margarine Original
- 2 medium Eggs
- 100g Fresh Shrimps
- 2 tablespoon Crayfish
- 4 cubes Royco
- Pinch Salt to taste
- Wrapping leaves, foil paper or small plastic bowls for steaming
- Soak the beans in cold water and remove the skin.
- Ground together the skinned beans, onions, and fresh peppers.
- Dissolve salt, crayfish and Royco in hot water and set aside, add to batter once cooled.
- Mix well in mixing bowl with wooden spoon till light and creamy with the mixed warm water.
- Bleach the palm oil, set to cool, mix together with melted butter.
- Heat oil in pan, add onion and stir, add chopped shrimp and salt. Stir till cooked
- Add the warm oil with the shrimps and the well beaten eggs.
- Add 4 cups of water to a large pot, set on medium heat
- Place the mixture of about 3 tablespoonful of the mixed batter in the wrapping leaves or foil paper and fold securely or use plastic bowl
- Arrange in a pot and allow to steam for about one hour
- Take a #foodfie, post on your social media accounts and tag @ttmfoodstore (on Instagram and Twitter)
Serve hot with a hot cup of Lipton to wash it down!