- 4 egg yolk
- 600 ml of milk
- 400 ml of whipping cream
- Two tablespoons of Vanilla Extract.
- A pinch of salt.
- 65 g of sugar.
- Pour the 600 ml of milk, 400 ml of whipping cream and the 2 table spoons of vanilla into the big pot.
- Put the pot containing the mixture on a cooker and let it boil.
- Break the eggs and separate the egg white from the egg yolk in a bowl. Only the egg yolk is needed.
- Add 65 g of sugar in the egg yolk and whisk, then reduce the heat on the cooker so the milk stops foaming.
- After about 2 minutes of reducing the heat on the cooker to medium. Then slowly pour the egg yolk and sugar mixture into the pot and stir.
- Increase the heat on the cooker and stir till the ice cream mixture begins to get thick. This should take about 8-10 minutes.
- Get some ice and put it into the tupperware and add little water to it then scoop the ice cream from the pot and pour into the tupperware.
- Stir till the ice cream cools down then put it in the freezer for about 25-30 minutes.
- After about 30 minutes bring it out of the freezer and stir properly and put it back in the freezer and keep repeating this process till you get a very thick mixture which won’t block when in its in the freezer.